Craft Beer Appreciation- Tips for the Holidays
The holidays are here and it is a wonderful time to appreciate winter seasonals created by San Diego’s craft brewers. It is also a great time to enjoy their core beers which are always worthy of celebrations.
Either way, it must be said that one of the risks of drinking craft beer is overindulging to the point of being drunk. With that in mind, here are some basic tips for the holidays:
- Never go out to get drunk.
- Focus on quality, not quantity, when enjoying beer (or any other alcoholic beverage).
- Practice beer appreciation, not alcohol consumption.
- Drink in moderation.
- Take breaks and eat something.
- Drink lots of water between drinks.
- Remember that growlers are considered to be open containers, so stow them in the trunk.
- More than one drink per hour is legally drunk (one drink is equal to: 12 ounces of beer, a glass of wine, or a shot of vodka).
- Do not drink and drive!